Phi Alpha Honor Society
- The Phi Alpha Honor Society is a national honor society for social work students.
- The purpose of the organization is to promote humanitarian goals and ideals.
- Phi Alpha fosters high standards of education for social workers.
- Phi Alpha invites into membership those who have attainted excellence in scholarship and achievement.
- Students may apply during the fall semester of their junior year.
- Membership requirements are: Advanced Standing status, overall 3.0 GPA and 3.25 Social Work GPA.
- Members commit to 40 hours of community service by the end of their senior year (not including their practicum).
- Members pay a lifetime membership fee of $20 to the national office and $3 for annual society participation.
- Students can gain leadership experience by being the president and class chairs.
For more information, please contact Dr. Terry Peak