MSW Application Procedures
Step 1: All applicants must complete the online application at https://applynow.usu.edu
Applicants must create an account and follow the initial application instructions.
Be sure you indicate that you wish to apply for the Master of Social Work Program.
Step 2: Additional MSW Supplemental Application Material
Applicants will receive an email with further application instructions from the USU School of Graduate Studies.
Applicants will be asked to download, complete and upload the following documents in a pdf format:-
Step 3: MSW Letter of Reference
- All MSW applicants must download (3 sets) of the form (http://socialwork.usu.edu/files/msw-ft-program/MSW-reference-letter.pdf) and complete Section 1.
- Then applicants should combine the completed Section 1 with the uncompleted Section 2 and forward the form to each of their recommenders.
- This form should be given to individuals who are able to rate your ability, potential and readiness for graduate education and professional social work practice. Please give the form to two academic sources (professor, advisor or field instructor, etc) and one current/recent supervisor. If it has been more than 5 years since you attended a college/university all 3 references may come from a current/recent supervisor.
- Ask the person providing the reference to mail the letter in a sealed envelope bearing their signatures across the seal. Return the forms, unopened, to:
Social Work Program
Utah State University
0730 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-0730
- The MSW Program will only accept mailed-in recommendation letters in this format to the Social Work Program.
Step 4: Provide a copy of all your official academic transcript
All transcripts are to be sent directly to USU's School of Graduate Studies.
Use the Graduate School's transcript code: 4857 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 5: Register to take the GRE or MAT admissions test
(results to be sent directly to the USU's School of Graduate Studies)
MSW Application Cycle (http://socialwork.usu.edu/programs/graduate-msw-advising-and-degree-requirements#anchor)
|Cohort Intake||Results Announcement|
|Spring (MSW 1.5 year part-time)||November (year before intake)|
|Summer (MSW 1 year full-time)||March (year of intake)|
|Fall (MSW 2 year full-time & 3 year part-time)||March (year of intake)|
For further questions, please contact:
Dr. Jess Lucero, MSW, PhD
MSW Full-Time Program Coordinator
Dr. Susan Egbert, MSW, PhD, LCSW
Clinical Assistant Professor
MSW Part-Time Program Coordinator
Karen Flessner, MSW, CSW
Program Coordinator & Instructor